‘WHICH KATE ARE YOU?’ QUIZ
US SWEEPSTAKES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) These are the Official Rules for the Topshop ‘Which Kate are You?’ Sweepstakes (sponsored by Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as Topshop (“Sponsor”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
2) The Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States (excluding those resident in Rhode Island) only, except for employees of the Arcadia Group, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Sweepstakes. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 18 or the age of majority in your state of residence you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Sweepstakes. By entering into the Sweepstakes you confirm that you have this consent.
3) To enter you must complete the ‘Which Kate are You?’ Quiz, upon completion proceed to enter the competition page and then enter your details. Sweepstakes begin at 09:00 BST on Thursday 10th April 2014 and close at 23:50 BST on Friday 8th May 2014 (the “Closing Date”). All entries must be received by the Closing Date or they will not be counted.
4) Entries are limited to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries, entries not submitted or not received due to a technical default. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
5) The winner of the Sweepstakes will be the first entry drawn at random within one week of the Closing Date. The winner will be notified by email by no later than Friday 15th May. Sponsor’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. There shall be one winner.
6) There is one prize (the “Prize”) to be won. The Prize shall consist of one Topshop Gift card with a value of $1000 (one thousand dollars), valid for one year from date of issue. Gift card terms and conditions apply.
7) Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $1000 (one thousand dollars). Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be responsible for all expenses not specified in the Prize description above.
8) The Prize is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor may issue a Form 1099 to the winner for the approximate retail value of the Prize for any prizes of $600 or more. The winner will be required to claim the Prize by completing, signing and notarizing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender’s postmark.
9) Failure of the winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or failure of the winner to claim his or her Prize within 14 days by return email or failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute drawing winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received at the Closing Date.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any part of it) with an equivalent one of its choosing which has the same or greater value than the original Prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
11) If you are the winner of a Prize:
a) The receipt by you of the Prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Official Rules;
b) You acknowledge and agree that neither Sponsor, nor any of its affiliated companies and promotional and advertising agencies, nor any of their respective employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your taking or use of the Prize, or involvement in any Prize-related travel or activity, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and
c) You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding the Prize, and that Sponsor expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12) By entering the Sweepstakes the winner (except where prohibited by law and where the winner is a resident of the state of Tennessee) agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Sponsor may require, and except where prohibited by law, grants permission for Sponsor to use the winner’s name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
14) Sponsor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the result of the Sweepstakes. You can request a winner’s list for 6 months after the Closing Date by sending a SAE to ‘Which Kate are You?’ (Topshop), Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, United Kingdom W1T 3NL. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes and (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry or, where reasonable, any individual winning the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
15) These Official Rules are subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations in the City of New York. Any dispute arising out of these Sweepstakes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the City of New York.
16) Sponsor: Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as TOPSHOP registered no. 6404527. Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, W1T 3NL.