US Contest Official Rules
FOR UK TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE CLICK HERE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) These are the Official Rules for the Topshop Top Pets Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as Topshop (“Sponsor”). By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
2) This Contest is open to residents of the UK, Ireland and the United States (excluding those resident in Rhode Island) only, except for employees of the Arcadia Group, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Contest. Entrants must be 16 years of age or older. If you are under 18 or the age of majority in your state of residence you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Contest. By entering into the Contest you confirm that you have this consent.
3) Each entrant must be a registered user on Twitter or Instagram or register with Twitter or Instagram in order to enter the Contest.
4) To enter you need to upload a photograph of your chosen pet onto your personal Twitter or Instagram account @Topshop using the hashtag #TopPets. The Contest opens at Tuesday 14th January 2014 at 9am GMT and closes at Sunday 24th January 2014 at Midnight GMT (the “Closing Date”). All entries must be received by the Closing Date or they will not be counted.
5) You must not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic, sexually suggestive or other inappropriate (at Sponsor's sole discretion) pictures. Sponsor may, but has no obligation to, remove pictures that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion violates these Official Rules.
6) Entries are limited to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. Any entries by a person found to be using multiple Twitter/ or Instagram accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries, entries not submitted or not received due to a technical default. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7) All entries submitted must be your own work (i.e. you must have taken the photograph yourself) and must not have been used elsewhere including in any other contest. It is your responsibility to ensure that any entry submitted does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the entry you submit is your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it. You will retain the rights of ownership in your entry. However, in consideration of Sponsor providing the Contest, you will grant Sponsor a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, fully transferable license to use your entry on socks that may be sold worldwide, or otherwise publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, adapt and feature your entry in any of Sponsor’s publications, websites, promotional activities and any other materials. You will not receive any royalty payment or other compensation in relation to your entry. Sponsor shall have the right to retain a copy of your entry and is not obligated to return any such entry to you.
8) The winning entry will be that entry which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is the best entry. The winner will be notified by private message on the relevant social channel by no later than Friday 31st January 2014. Sponsor’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. There shall be 1 US winner.
9) There is one prize (the “Prize”) to be won. Each Prize will consist of:
• Your Entry appearing on a pair of socks to be sold worldwide;
• 2 x pairs of the winning socks; and
• 1 x $250 Topshop gift card. Gift card terms and conditions apply.
10) Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $300. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be responsible for all expenses not specified in the Prize description above.
11) The Prize is non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor may issue a Form 1099 to the winner for the approximate retail value of the Prize for any prizes of $600 or more. The winner will be required to claim the Prize by completing, signing and notarizing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender’s postmark.
12) The winner will be required to provide their email address in order to receive their prize Failure of the winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or failure of the winner to claim his or her Prize within 7 days by email or failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize, and the award of the Prize to a substitute drawing winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received at the Closing Date.
13) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any part of it) with an equivalent one of its choosing which has the same or greater value than the original Prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
14) If you are the winner of a Prize:
a) The receipt by you of the Prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Official Rules;
b) You acknowledge and agree that neither Sponsor, nor any of its affiliated companies and promotional and advertising agencies, nor any of their respective employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your taking or use of the Prize, or involvement in any Prize-related travel or activity, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and
c) You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding the Prize, and that Sponsor expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15) By entering the Contest the winner (except where prohibited by law and where the winner is a resident of the state of Tennessee) agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Sponsor may require, and except where prohibited by law, grants permission for Sponsor to use the winner’s name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
17) Sponsor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the result of the Contest. You can request a winner’s list for 6 months after the Closing Date by sending a SAE to Top Pets, Topshop, Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, United Kingdom W1T 3NL. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend this Contest and (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry or, where reasonable, any individual winning the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at its sole discretion at any time and will use reasonable endeavours to notify material changes to entrants and potential entrants. In the event the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination.
18) This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
19) These Official Rules are subject to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations in the City of New York. Any dispute arising out of this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the City of New York.
20) Sponsor: Arcadia Group (USA) Limited doing business as Topshop registered no. 6404527. Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London, W1T 3NL.